Not registered yet?
Picasso Travel will make the difference in your business with access to net airfare contracts and our one-of-a-kind affiliate program! Register with us today >
Update 09/05/2012 (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
* Do I need to have an ARC or IATA number to work with Picasso Travel?
No, you don't need an ARC or IATA number. We will issue your tickets for you.
* The cost of a GDS is too high for my purposes. Do I need a GDS to work with Picasso Travel?
No, you don't need a GDS. You can call us or book online, here on www.picassotravel.com
The Good IBE
* I can see all the fares displayed. How do I book?
Select the "book" option on the right hand column.
* I made a booking. When does the ticket have to be issued?
The ticket time limit is displayed when you make your ticket request during the booking process.
* How can I select a seat for my passengers?
Please refer to the airline's homepage or contact the airline. If they are not able to help you please email your request to internetsales(at)picassotravel.com and we will be glad to assist you.
* How can I get help on an internet booking?
You can email us: internetsales(at)picassotravel.com
Fares and Prices
* Will Picasso Travel disclose any information to my passengers?
No, we will always refer the passengers back to you.
* Is the fare guaranteed after I have made a flight booking?
The fare guarantee depends on the fare type and the way it is booked:
- If you made the booking in your GDS and you booked a published fare then please refer to the GDS terms and conditions about the fares guarantee.
- If you booked online on www.picassotravel.com we can guarantee the fare only on the same day of the booking regardless of the ticket time limit given at the time of booking since fares and taxes are subject to change.
* Do I see the price on the ticket?
- If you book one of our net fares in most cases the price will not be shown on the ticket. Some exceptions apply on e.g. SQ, RJ or MS.
- If you book a published fare the fare will always appear on the ticket.
Payment and Commissions
* What forms of payment are accepted by Picasso Travel?
- Agency Check
- Money Order / Cashier's Check
- Credit Cards - please click here for exceptions and explanations >>
* Why do I have to fill in a credit card authorization form even though I already put in the credit card information online?
This is necessary to prevent credit card fraud or misuse.
* Can I use third party credit cards?
No. For your protection we will not be able to accept any third party credit card.
* How do my commissions get paid?
- If you are paying by check: you can deduct the commission amount directly. The check amount only has to cover the ticket price.
- If you are paying by credit card: commissions are paid by check no later than 4 weeks after the ticket has been processed.
* How do I order a ticket?
If you made the booking in your GDS please refer to your local Picasso Travel branch office.
If you booked online here on our website please send payment to the Internet Department before the ticket time limit expires. You can order your ticket online in our IBE.
Picasso Travel Internet Department
999 N Sepulveda Blvd. #408
El Segundo, CA 90245
* Are there limits to the charge amount of a credit card?
This depends on the fare type and the airline.
In case of published fares the CC charge amount will be the published fare including taxes.
For NET fares many airlines accept credit cards, usually up to 25% markup added to the ticket price (exceptions apply, check with your local Picasso Travel branch).
In case the airline does not accept credit card payment there will be a different ticket price for CC payment.
Please refer to your local Picasso Travel branch office for all details.
* Are credit cards accepted on all ticket purchases?
No, in certain cases some airlines do not accept credit card payment. Please refer to the payment instruction (see at the bottom of this page) for details.
In this case there is a non cash adjustment of 4% on the total debit amount.
* Can frequent flyer miles be earned on Picasso Travel tickets?
In most cases depending on the airline rules miles can be accumulated. For Details please contact your Picasso Travel branch office (see "Contact Us").
* Can the passengers use their frequent flyer miles to upgrade their ticket?
Please check with the airline directly. This is depending on the ticket rules, seat availability and the airline's policy.
* What do I have to do if the passenger has to change his flight?
If no ticket has been issued: please cancel the booking and make a new booking. Please note that the old fare won't necessarily apply for the new booking.
In case you have a ticketed PNR made in your own GDS: please check the fare rules and observe all conditions. Book the new flight in the correct booking class according to the airline's rules, cancel the flight which will not be used and contact your Picasso Travel branch office for exchanging the tickets. Please calculate the costs for the change correctly: your service fee + airline rebooking fee (if applicable) + upgrade fee or class differential (if applicable) + Picasso Travel service fee + convenience fee (for CC payment, if applicable).
In case you booked the flights in our IBE: please contact the Picasso Travel Internet Department for all fare rules and costs at internetsales(at)picassotravel.com.
* Can I request a refund online?
In many cases, yes. You can request a refund for electronic tickets by submitting all necessary info through Refund Request Submission Form on Picasso Travel's Extranet.
* How do I request a refund over the telephone or via mail?
You can call at 310-645-4400 to your booking agent or Sales Team in Picasso Travel. Your booking agent can submit the refund request to the company's Refunds Department on behalf of you.
You can submit the unused flight coupons / paper tickets by mail to Picasso Travel's Refunds Department at the following address:
Picasso Travel Refunds Department
999 North Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 400
El Segundo, CA 90245
* How long will it take to process my online refund request?
All refund requests are subject to the ticketed fare rule of the airline, and fees or penalties may apply to your refund.
For credit card purchases through airline merchant, it can take 6-8 weeks for the credit card issuer to show the credit for refund amount on the purchaser's bank statement. This duration depends on the billing cycles for the credit card issuer.
For cash or check purchases, refund checks are generally issued within two weeks of the date the refund is processed. Please allow additional time for mail delivery.
For credit card purchases through Picasso Travel's merchant, it can take 2-3 days for the credit card issuer to show the credit for refund amount on the purchaser's bank statement.
* I have a non-refundable ticket and will not be traveling. Can I obtain a refund?
Even if your ticket is not refundable, you might still be able to cancel your itinerary.
After your refund submission is received, you will be immediately informed if ticket is not eligible for refund due to various restrictions of the airline's refund policies and/or the ticketed fare rule(s).
* I have a non-refundable ticket and will not be traveling due to personal reasons. Can I obtain a refund with the airline's exception?
The exceptions below are not necessary valid for all of the airline's refund policies and/or the ticketed fare rules.
The death of the passenger, immediate family member, or traveling companion.
Major health problem of passenger, immediate family member, or traveling companion.
In these cases, you will be required to submit a copy of the Death Certificate or the Hospitalization Certificate with your Refund Request Submission Form on Extranet.
After your refund submission is received with necessary supportive documents, we contact airline for an exception. It depends on the airline's refund policy to process the refund on their side or to give us refund authorization to process the refund on our side or to reject the refund. You will be immediately informed if airline rejects the refund.
* Can I obtain a full refund due to involuntary schedule change?
All refund requests due to involuntary schedule changes are subject to each airline's its own policy and procedure. For example, one airline may find a ticket eligible for full refund due to 2hr schedule change, but another airline may not be.
After your refund submission is received, if we find out with the airlines that ticket is not eligible for full refund due to involuntary schedule change, you will be immidiately informed for the airline's decision.
* I have applied for a refund. How do I check the status of my refund request?
To check the status of your refund, you can call at 310-645-4400 or email to your booking agent or Sales Team in Picasso Travel.
Customer Number (DK)
* How can I find my DK (customer number)?
There are 3 ways to find out your customer number:
- After login here on the Picasso Travel website you will find your DK number under 'Current Status' in the top left corner.
- On our electronic invoices you will find your DK under 'Your customer number' in the header of the PDF invoice.
- If you are unable to log in and you don't have one of our invoices handy please contact us.